Note that you get a few more options tabs if you select Properties when pdfFactory is highlighted as your printer than you do when you see the tabs from the pdfFactory preview screen. Specifically ‘Metrics’, which allows you to set the margins, and ‘Graphics’ which allows you to vary the compression to be used for graphics in the pdf.
This could happen if the email client you are using is not MAPI compatible or if the default email client has not been defined. To set the default email client, access the Defaults Programs item in the Windows control panel and set the default email there. We determine the default email using these registry keys:
The pdfFactory Send button will not work with web-based email programs such as Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo Mail. Yahoo Toolbar and other add-in will allow MAPI connectivity. Please contact the appropriate site for details.
When installing Outlook 365 on a computer that previously had Outlook 2010, the following error can occur:
MAPISendMail: Failed to submit message. Attachments to the message exceeded the size limit set by your Administrator.
To fix,delete the following registry key:
Existing PDFs can be revised by opening them in a reader and resending to pdfFactory.
To print multiple files (batch printing):
- Open the Printers/Faxes folder in the Windows Start menu and set the default printer to pdfFactory.
- Open the pdfFactory Printing Preferences (right-click the pdfFactory icon) and turn off the dialogue box display in the Setup tab.
- Open a Windows folder containing the files and group select them.
- Right click and select the “Send to” menu and then select pdfFactory.
This will print all the files to pdfFactory. pdfFactory will create a PDF file in the autosave directory for each file. You can create a separate version of pdfFactory to do this.
Click the “Create using current job” button and name the letterhead.
Step 2: Set the desired letterhead option. The letterhead pages will be repeated in sequence with any document pages unless one of the items below is selected:
- Print on first page only – this option applies to single page letterheads only. Checking this box means that the letterhead will be printed on the first page of the document and not on subsequent pages.
- Do not repeat first letterhead page – this option applies to two page letterheads only. It indicates the first letterhead page is to be printed only on the first document page and the second letterhead page should be printed on all subsequent document pages. Note: letterheads with multiple pages must be a single print job. Either send both pages to print or if sent separately combine them into a single job in pdfFactory using the cut and paste feature.
- Always apply entire letterhead – this option is used when the letterhead may be longer than the document. For example, an invoice letterhead could be created that has a blank first page and “terms and conditions” on the second page. When printing a single page invoice, the terms page would be printed on the second page.
- Simulate multi-part letterhead – this option will repeat a document page for each page of the letterhead.
Close pdfFactory Pro. Your letterhead can now be accessed from the Jobs tab.
In order to reinstall the products as though for the first time, follow these steps:
1. Delete my documents/pdf files/fp*.ini (pdfFactory) or my documents/fineprint files/fp*.ini (FinePrint)
2. Uninstall the product from either the Control Panel or from the Uninstall option in the program group in the Start menu
3. Reinstall the product
Problem: On duplex printers, pages print upside down and on the backside of the paper.
Solution: Check the “landscape/portrait produces vertical flipping” box in the Advanced dialogue.
Problem: The pages are correct but I have to re-order them manually when the booklet is finished printing.
Solution: check the “print pages in reverse” option in the Advanced dialogue. You should only need to do this if you are using an inkjet or other printer where the pages must be re-ordered when the printing process is completed.
If your pages are printed without reordering when not using FinePrint, do not use the reverse pages option. Once this is corrected, try toggling the flip pages option in the manual duplex area.
Problem: When doing manual duplex, the backsides of the sheets do not have the correct pages.
Solution: Try toggling the “print pages in reverse” option in the Advanced dialogue and try again. Use a 4 page document to experiment.